Users now have additional Operating System choices to use with Dedicated Servers. Debian 10 (Buster) has just been added to the available OS templates for dedicated servers. This template is available for immediate deployment and can be selected from the “OS Reinstall” menu in the Server Panel for existing servers.
What’s new in Debian 10?
- AppArmor enabled by default
- Wayland is the default session type for GNOME 3. (You may also choose an X session from the display manager.)
- SecureBoot support
- Kernel new enough to support mounting SMBv3 encrypted shares
- Tool “find-dbgsym-packages” (in package debian-goodies)
- The rust compiler 1.34 ships with more than 450 libraries (crates) with new great software like
For full documentation: Debian 10 (Buster) Release Notes
OS Templates Overview
Please find an updated list of templates available for dedicated server installations below.
Existing OS Install Options
- None (Install via IPMI)
- CentOS 7.x (64 bit)
- CentOS 8.x (64 bit)
- CentOS 8 Stream (64 bit)
- Debian 7 Wheezy (64 bit)
- Debian 8 Jessie (64 bit)
- Debian 9 Stretch (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (64 bit)-EOL
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 17.10 (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(64 bit)
- Windows Server 2016 (Essentials)
- Windows Server 2016 (Standard)
- Windows Server 2016 (Datacenter)
- Windows Server 2019 (Essentials)
- Windows Server 2019 (Standard)
- Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter)
New OS Templates
- Debian 10 Buster (64 bit)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this update, we encourage you to contact us for support.
For the most updated list of OS templates available , please check the Dedicated Server Hosting page.
This post originally appeared on Announcements.