We are happy to to announce the arrival of Rocky Linux 8 . Long-awaited Rocky Linux 8 brings with it numerous performance, security and development improvements…and now deploying on Dedicated Servers.
What is Rocky Linux?
Noteworthy: IBM acquired Red Hat Enterprise Linux in 2019. Shortly thereafter, RHEL announces CentOS Linux would no longer be supported in it’s previous form. CentOS Stream would provide upstream service for RHEL, effectively reversing the roles completely.
Rocky Linux provides a traditional alternative Enterprise Linux distribution, designed to easily replace CentOS, even having its own conversion script-with convenient file replacements from CentOS->Rocky Linux for quick and easy migration. module-designed to that is causing enthusiasts to turn heads.
What’s new in Rocky Linux 8.4?
Rocky Linux 8.4 (Green Obsidian) provides notable changes/new features:
- Full Stable Release – for development and production environments
- New Modules packaged in version 8.4:
- Python 3.9
- SWIG 4.0
- Subversion 1.14
- Redis 6
- PostgreSQL 13
- MariaDB 10.5
- Free automatic installation-simply choose “Rocky Linux 8.x” for the Operating System when ordering any dedicated server
For full documentation: Rocky Linux 8.4 Release Notes
How to Deploy Rocky Linux 8 Server?
For full access to all of the upgrades, improvements and new packages, launch your own Rocky Linux 8 server on bare-metal dedicated servers. New clients can save 25% with promo code “NEWHERE“!
OS Templates Overview
Please find an updated list of templates available for dedicated server installations below.
Existing OS Install Options
- None (Install via IPMI)
- CentOS 7.x (64 bit)
- CentOS 8.x (64 bit)
- CentOS 8 Stream (64 bit)
- Debian 8 Jessie (64 bit)
- Debian 9 Stretch (64 bit)
- Debian 10 Buster (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2016 (Essentials)
- Windows Server 2016 (Standard)
- Windows Server 2016 (Datacenter)
- Windows Server 2019 (Essentials)
- Windows Server 2019 (Standard)
- Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter)
New OS Template
- Rocky Linux 8.x (64 bit)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this update, we encourage you to contact us for support.
For the most updated list of OS templates available, please check the Dedicated Server Hosting page.